The skin is the largest organ of the human body, and it requires appropriate care. The older you get, the more attention you should pay to your skin to keep it supple, glowing and wrinkle-free. Diet is a good natural way to achieve the goal. By consuming foods rich in antioxidants, vitamins and essential minerals you can help the skin not only function effectively, but also look great. Today, it goes without saying that consumption of fruits, vegetables and seafood is highly beneficial to the skin condition. In this regard, it is helpful to know what foods provide the best set of ingredients to impede ageing processes. Let’s discuss!
- This leafy green is rich in a number of nutrients, such as potassium, calcium, vitamins A, B1, B2, K and more. The contents make the plant an efficient antioxidant and internal antiseptic that boosts delivery of essential nutrients to skin tissues. Just add it to your salads on a regular basis to keep wrinkles away.
- Red bell pepper. This is a priceless source of antioxidants, which cannot be overestimated when it comes to keeping the skin youthful. The core ingredient that provides the effect is vitamin C. The compound is known to boost production of collagen, which determines the skin’s suppleness. Carotenoids are another antioxidant ingredient to mention. Due to their anti-inflammatory properties, carotenoids provide the skin with comprehensive defense. Red bell peppers can be cooked or added to salads raw.
- This distinguished food offers a wide range of healthy minerals, antioxidants and vitamins which show a great effect when it comes to the skin state, especially when you are above 40. Vitamins A, B, K, C, E as well as potassium, calcium, phosphorus and magnesium can make ageing recede. Antioxidants that papaya contains neutralize free radicals in the body. You can take advantage of these prominent properties by drinking papaya juice. Making face masks is another worthwhile method.
- Extremely rich in vitamins C and A, this berry possesses potent antioxidant properties and can help you protect the skin against such detrimental factors as sunrays, pollution and stress. Due to an ultimate low-sugar blend of ingredients, it prevents depletion of collagen levels in the skin. To get the benefits, consider adding blueberries to your morning smoothie.
- This tasty food is quite popular. Still, many people are unaware of the fact that it possesses potent anti-ageing and antioxidant properties, which is possible due to such ingredients as vitamins K and C, calcium, fiber and lutein. Consume broccoli cooked and raw to keep your skin supple and strong.
- This food shows multiple healthy properties. Rich in antioxidants, it helps oxygenate not just the skin but also the body as a whole. A long list of vitamins, magnesium, lutein and iron make this leafy green a really valuable asset in your diet. You can use it cooked and raw in a variety of recipes.
Consuming these affordable foods is a simple yet effective way to look great after 40.